Help Setting Up the App Server on Linux

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 16:04:09 UTC 2022

Dear List,

I need to set up the App Server on a Debian VPS I’m creating.

The Omnis tech note

https://omnis.net/developers/resources/technotes/tnjs0003.jsp# <https://omnis.net/developers/resources/technotes/tnjs0003.jsp#>

Covers how to do it on Apache. Does anyone know how to do it on Nginx?

Further, does anyone know how to serialize Omnis without a graphical desktop environment installed?

Their tech note assumes you have a GUI Desktop installed. I have been warned against doing that by a few developers but they may not run the App Server. I may have to install a desktop JUST to serialize the App Server. (???)

I am writing to Omnis about this all.

Any help appreciated.

Das