Postgres Users, Windows Server Users and groups

Martin Obongita martin.obongita at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 10:12:05 UTC 2022

 Hi Paul,
Thank you for the query.
How do I create the Omnis schema for the Postgres users?
Rgds,Martin O.
    On Monday, August 29, 2022 at 04:27:41 AM GMT+3, Paul Mulroney <pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au> wrote:

 Hi Martin,

You can get the list of Postgres users with a query:

SELECT usename AS role_name,
 CASE
  WHEN usesuper AND usecreatedb THEN
    CAST('superuser, create database' AS pg_catalog.text)
  WHEN usesuper THEN
    CAST('superuser' AS pg_catalog.text)
  WHEN usecreatedb THEN
    CAST('create database' AS pg_catalog.text)
  ELSE
    CAST('' AS pg_catalog.text)
 END role_attributes
FROM pg_catalog.pg_user
ORDER BY role_name desc;

This is assuming you have already logged into Postgres.

Regards,
Paul.