OS Query Class versus PG Views

TBS andyh at totallybrilliant.com
Sun Aug 21 14:41:21 UTC 2022

Martin

There is no doubt that a database view is more efficient…..

But typically - unless your report is massive - you would not generally see much difference over 2 simple tables with a regular join…..

I can have lists requiring 15 to 20+ tables joined with all manner of sub queries etc - and for those a view can be super helpful !!

Andy Hilton
Totally Brilliant Software Inc
Phone (US) : (863) 409 4870
Phone (UK) : 0207 193 8582