NO: multiple remote developers

Sten-Erik Björling s-e.bjorling at enviro.se
Sat Aug 13 13:37:08 UTC 2022

Hi,

Have not tested this - but a 2013 MacPro might be interesting if you find a good used one. It contains two video cards - my wife is using it as a workstation and it also works as a server which I connect to and use as a server admin under a separate account. Have not tested it with two virtual screens rather than one. Should work with a HDMI plug tricking the computer that a screen is connected to the HDMI port.

Take care, all the best…

Stene

_____

> 13 aug. 2022 kl. 14:55 skrev Mike Matthews - Omnis via omnisdev-en <omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com>:
>
> Hello Rob,
>
> The simple is a Remote Desktop Server.  The hardware isn’t too bad, but the licences will make you weep a bit.It is good when you have 15+ users, but for just 2-3, it is expensive.
>
> Oh,  you get a Windows desktop of course, no OSX here sunshine.
>
> M1 MacMini is cheaper if you top out at 3-4 users, and they are fast, if you demand OSX desktop.
>
> Both solutions available via VPN.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Mike Matthews

Sten-Erik Björling
Enviro Data
Kyrkogatan 5A 2 tr
SE-972 32  Luleå
Sweden

E-Mail: s-e.bjorling at enviro.se
Mobile: +46-70-655 11 72
Wire: @stenerikbjorling
Skype: stenerikbjorling
iChat: stene at icloud.com
Signal: +46 70 655 11 72
FaceTime: stene at icloud.com
Telegram: @stenerikbjorling
Hotmail / Messenger: stenerikbjorling at hotmail.com
GMail: stenerikbjorling at gmail.com
______

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, distribution, or reproduction of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message including any attachments thereto. Thank you.

Please note that we take reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of viruses; however, we cannot guarantee that this email or its attachments are free from viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the opening of this message and/or attachments.