odb database path

Martin Obongita martin.obongita at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 21:40:08 UTC 2022

Sorry. Should the syntax be:
odb://127.0.0.1:5913,PAYROLL
without the DF1 ?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, 6 Aug 2022 at 0:26, Martin Obongita via omnisdev-en<omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com> wrote:   Thanks JIM.
That means the open data file command in the library would be:
"//odb:127.0.0.1:5913,PAYROLL"
Without D:\PAYROLL\PAYDATA\PAYDATA.DF1
Right?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, 6 Aug 2022 at 0:03, Jim Creak<jim at jacsoft.co.nz> wrote:  I don’t think you need to specify the server… just enter
 D:\Payroll\Paydate\Paydata.DF1
Another things to think about
 Pinhole the firewall to allow the port number 5913 to allow for incoming traffic
ThanksJim
JACSoft Programming Ltd.

On 6/08/2022, at 6:31 am, Martin Obongita via omnisdev-en <omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com> wrote:
Hi ALL,
I have installed the Omnis Data Bridge in the server.
How do I setup the path to Omnis database in the config xml file for a remote server to enable concurrent access from client?
The datafile is created in the server in a folder "D:\PAYROLL\PAYDATA\PAYDATA.DF1"
I'm looking at IP, drive and a folder. eg:
 <string>127.0.0.1/D/PAYROLL/PAYDATA/PAYDATA.DF1</string>

or should it be  <string>127.0.0.1/D:/PAYROLL/PAYDATA/PAYDATA.DF1</string>

or should it be <string>127.0.0.1:D/PAYROLL/PAYDATA/PAYDATA.DF1</string>

My problem is where/how to insert the colon in the string.
RgdsMartin.