Forms: How to get a file path?

Philip Tulett philip.tulett at pdq-networks.com
Sat Apr 30 17:33:56 UTC 2022

Hi Das,

Glad you understand it now and can see that transferring from the Client to the app server and then on to the FTP server can be achieved by and FTP client on the Client machine...

To be honest, with the FTP Worker, I don't think you can use memory variables, so you would have to save it to a temporary location first and provide the path, and then depending on your needs maybe delete the temp file.

WRT the Form File picker, I have not used it, I have used the JSClient Drag and Drop, and you can control what files you can/cant drop.
WRT rtfd files, I don't use a Mac, so cannot be certain, but that sounds reasonable that you cannot transfer them.

Kind regards
Philip