Forms: How to get a file path?

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 17:26:26 UTC 2022

One adjunct to this that I came across: Related to me, but unrelated actually, is this:

When I use the Forms File Control, when I go to Upload, it presents the Mac file picker. Files that have the .rtfd extension are grayed out. You cannot select them. But for example files with .csv are available for selection.

Is this because it KNOWS rtfd files.. and further, grays them out because they use the Resource Fork inside themselves, not just the Data Fork?

Have I got that right?

The dialog grays out files it cannot fully handle properly.. is that right?

Further: When you use HTTP to transfer a file, you HAVE TO PICK a file from a website tree structure, is that correct?

HTTP only works on websites I’m thinking.. I haven’t played with it yet, but I’m thinking HTTP is all about websites only.