Forms: How to select a file?

Paul Mulroney pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au
Tue Apr 26 00:46:14 UTC 2022

Hi Das,

You're welcome!  I don't get a lot of time to answer questions on the list, but every now and then I see something and think "Hey, I just finished doing that myself!", so I post a response.

Regards,
Paul.

> On 26 Apr 2022, at 5:10 am, Das Goravani <goravanis at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Dear Paul,
>
> When you decide to drop in and answer on the list you are so very helpful. You get right to the thing.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Das
>
>> On Apr 25, 2022, at 2:38 AM, Paul Mulroney via omnisdev-en <omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Das,
>>
>>> On 24 Apr 2022, at 1:51 am, Das Goravani <goravanis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> BUT I wish there was a File Picker dialog that I could pop up over the form (good only on desktop/laptop computers).  I haven’t found that yet in the docs for remote forms. I’m glad I found out how to do drag and drop of file system files.
>>>

>> There is such a thing - it's the File Control object in the remote form.  You can trigger an upload by putting code that looks like this in a button:
>>
>> Calculate irFileData as row(ilMIMEHeaders,'tvFileData')
>> Calculate $cinst.$objs.FileControl.$action as kJSFileActionUpload               ## this triggers the file upload
>>
>> Look for the File Control object in the online docco - https://www.omnis.net/developers/resources/onlinedocs/WebDev/03jscomps.html#uploading-files <https://www.omnis.net/developers/resources/onlinedocs/WebDev/03jscomps.html#uploading-files>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Paul.

I refused to believe my road worker father was stealing from his job, but when I got home, all the signs were there.
--
Paul W. Mulroney                                            We Don't Do Simple Pty Ltd
pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au       Trading as Logical Developments