Forms: How to select a file?

Paul Mulroney pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au
Mon Apr 25 06:38:54 UTC 2022

Hi Das,

> On 24 Apr 2022, at 1:51 am, Das Goravani <goravanis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> BUT I wish there was a File Picker dialog that I could pop up over the form (good only on desktop/laptop computers).  I haven’t found that yet in the docs for remote forms. I’m glad I found out how to do drag and drop of file system files.

There is such a thing - it's the File Control object in the remote form.  You can trigger an upload by putting code that looks like this in a button:

Calculate irFileData as row(ilMIMEHeaders,'tvFileData')
Calculate $cinst.$objs.FileControl.$action as kJSFileActionUpload               ## this triggers the file upload

Look for the File Control object in the online docco - https://www.omnis.net/developers/resources/onlinedocs/WebDev/03jscomps.html#uploading-files <https://www.omnis.net/developers/resources/onlinedocs/WebDev/03jscomps.html#uploading-files>

Regards,
Paul.

You can't have everything; where would you put it?
bit.ly/17HOqAI
--
Paul W. Mulroney                                            We Don't Do Simple Pty Ltd
pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au       Trading as Logical Developments