About saving binaries

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 22:02:09 UTC 2022

This is about saving binaries. There are a few ways to ask this question so read on because the latter might appeal to you.

I am hoping to save attachments from a mime list to a workable binary copy of the original file.

Said another way, if you have the binary data for a file, can you write that into an Omnis export file and thus recreate the original file in a new location?

You see I’m not sure what binary data includes. Like I’m thinking about the icon of the file.. will that be re created so that it shows with the correct icon?

I’m thinking that to create the file, I would use

Prompt for print or export file

Then do

WriteBinFile (cPath,BinaryDataField)

But those are the old way. Is there a newer better way to do it now?

On Mac for example, does doing the above, writing out the binary data, recreate the file and the icon?