Omnis 7 running on Server 2016 64bit

Phil (OmnisList) phil at pgpotter.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 22:23:39 UTC 2022

Hi Martin,

Omnis 7, still works on windows, it is just a 32bit app, which works
just fine on windows, but you might need some drivers to be installed as
32bit.

I am aware of an Accounts package still being sold now, which behind the
scenes is Omnis 7 running against an MSSQL database.
The latest version of which I've seen running on RDS Server 2019.

So, if you have a licence for Omnis 7, then your set to go...

If not, then due to its age, it will be a pricey thing to try and get a
new licence key for Omnis 7.

As others have said, yes you can upgrade it, and depending upon how its
been coded, it may transfer reasonably well...

Presume you have an unlocked library.

But it won't be like any code you may of written in Studio.
You had limitations, and you worked with them, if you had to be really
clever back then, then that code probably won't work in Studio.

I doubt that any Omnis 7 library will fully upgrade as you might hope
without any tweaking, either before the upgrade or afterwards.

regards
Phil Potter
Based in Chester in the UK.