Latest Apple Notarisation

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 18:17:46 UTC 2021

URGENT:  One can NO LONGER NOTARIZE using the Omnis Inc. tech note on Notarization, as of BigSur and Xcode 12. The alternative being presented by Apple is exceedingly complex and requires advanced knowledge of building apps and Mac scripting. This issue needs to be immediately worked on by Omnis Inc. and a solution presented to us developers as soon as possible. Some of us have older VM’s that we can sign on but some do not have those. As of BigSur and Monterey and going forward WE ARE STUCK.

My post to Apple Developer Forums that got answered by an Engineer

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/687480?answerId=684248022#684248022 <https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/687480?answerId=684248022#684248022>

Article on Manually Signing an App (very complex, requires knowledge of scripting, Omnis needs to do this for us)

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/130855 <https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/130855>

I could NOT follow this myself. I don’t know scripting and I don’t know App structural words and concepts.

If I did not have a Catalina VM and Xcode 11 to sign with I would be STUCK.

I imagine others are STUCK.

This is URGENT and I think OMNIS needs to handle this again.