Latest Apple Notarisation

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 18:02:23 UTC 2021

Andy,

You don’t read all the posts.

I posted a few days ago a long letter about this. Asking if anyone knows how to do it now, explaining what I learned from an Apple Engineer.

Essentially they have outlawed the __deep command which is necessary to Sign Omnis. The deep command is used in Omnis’s tech note on how to notarize and we all use it.

Since they have outlawed it using it inserts detritus into the app and thus you are blocked from proceeding.

This is true on BigSur with Xcode 12 and beyond.

I use a Catalina VM with Xcode 11 to sign and it still works there.

I posted that the engineer steered me towards “manually signing” the Omnis app. I explained that he gave me a link, that I did not follow, since I don’t HAVE TO notarize on BigSur and beyond. I explained I would look it up and work on this but I have not.

We are stuck. Omnis has code in non-standard place, requiring the —deep command but now it’s outlawed.

So we are stuck.

I will right now try to look up that link for you (and me, and everyone).

Peace

Das Goravani