Just like GitHub's Copilot we could do this for Omnis

omnislist at keys2solutions.com.au omnislist at keys2solutions.com.au
Sat Sep 25 13:27:06 UTC 2021

Hello Listers,

This https://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2021/09/24/github-copilot-alternatives.aspx?m=1 <https://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2021/09/24/github-copilot-alternatives.aspx?m=1> just lit my brain up with ideas. 😃

What is GitHub’s copilot?
It's described as an "AI pair programmer". The best way to describe it is by seeing the animation here, https://copilot.github.com/ <https://copilot.github.com/>. The way it works is that when you “start with a fresh clean whitespace”, you’d begin with a few descriptive words about what you are going todo “here”. e.g.

// This function will return a comma separated Fibonacci series when given the number of values to return.

As this point ^^^, having typed the above comment, the “copilot” would go generate the best-possible code that matches the comment and fill out the rest of the whitespace, as evident by the videos/animations played out on the https://copilot.github.com/ <https://copilot.github.com/> website.

Now the open source community has taken this further, much further. Since the release of GPT-2 and now GPT-3 & GPT-neo (generative pre-trained transformer) the resultant trained models are much more advanced and smarter and can produce quite relevant code. The “cost” usually goes into training these models, once these are “learnt” by the neural networks, its the matter of wrapping them up in an api-esc service/library and voila! AI spitting Omnis Studio Code. 🤖

A feature like this would certainly put Omnis Studio on the stage.

The opening link has a few worthy click-throughs, namely…
GPT-code-Clippy: https://github.com/CodedotAl/gpt-code-clippy/wiki <https://github.com/CodedotAl/gpt-code-clippy/wiki>
See a demo of it working here: https://huggingface.co/spaces/flax-community/code-clippy-problem-solver <https://huggingface.co/spaces/flax-community/code-clippy-problem-solver>
Second Mate: https://github.com/samrawal/emacs-secondmate <https://github.com/samrawal/emacs-secondmate>
Captain Stack: [ I really loved this one, hahaha! Its uber nerdy ] https://github.com/hieunc229/copilot-clone <https://github.com/hieunc229/copilot-clone>
We could take this example and train it using the Omnis List?!? Wouldn’t that be nice?
Clara: [ this too has a potential in the Omnis Studio IDE space. ] https://github.com/badboysm890/clara-copilot <https://github.com/badboysm890/clara-copilot>

Personally, I thought that "Captain Stack" was hilariously on-point, just imagine the amount of code on the Omnis List being learnt by AI.

No! wait…! Oh…No….! $list.$sendall($ref.$terminated()) 😂

Have a great weekend. =)

Kind regards,

Vik Shah
Keys2Solutions