Fonts in Omnis studio 10.2

malkishtini at gmail.com malkishtini at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:24:21 UTC 2021

Thank you all for your feedback and responses.

I sent the issue to Omnis support and this was their response (sharing it here for the others' benefit)

"I think this is due to a change that we made in 10.2 to force background objects to use True fonts, With the Omnis Sans Serif is definitely not TrueType, and is very old (as far back as Omnis 7) so one solution is to change the font, perhaps to Omnis Windows System. Omnis Sans Serif will almost certainly have very poor Unicode coverage.

We did add a new config.json property into 10.2 (30204) so this new feature can be disabled if required :

Added config.json option (windows.backgroundObjectsMustUseTrueTypeFont) to config.json
Defaults to true.  When false, you can use non-TrueType fonts for background objects, but note that in some situations e.g. in drag bitmaps, the text may not draw."

I'll give this a try before I change the font, at least to understand the problem that I'm facing.

Best regards,
Mayada