ODB 1.77 and Apple mac mini

Alan Schmidt alan at goconnected.com
Mon Oct 18 19:38:57 UTC 2021

> Is that where the config.xml files stays from now until Apple changes their mind?

Basically.

> I noticed that I have an OmnisDataBridge folder in Applications is that because the ODB app has to be there?

Pretty much. Play by the rules or you'll be sorry.

> If I want to launch the ODB from terminal am I now going to /Library/Application Support/Omnis/OmnisDataBridge or Applications/OmnisDataBridge?

The executable is in the app folder so call it there.

-Alan

On 10/18/21, 11:58 AM, "omnisdev-en on behalf of Randy Wilson" <omnisdev-en-bounces at lists.omnis-dev.com on behalf of plum_hollow at cogeco.ca> wrote:

    Thanks for that info.  Is that where the config.xml files stays from now until Apple changes their mind?  I noticed that I have an OmnisDataBridge folder in Applications is that because the ODB app has to be there?  If I want to launch the ODB from terminal am I now going to /Library/Application Support/Omnis/OmnisDataBridge or Applications/OmnisDataBridge?

    Randy

    > On Oct 18, 2021, at 1:25 PM, Alan Schmidt <alan at goconnected.com> wrote:
    >
    > Look in: /Library/Application Support/Omnis/OmnisDataBridge 1.7n
    >
    > -Alan
    >

    > On 10/18/21, 9:22 AM, "omnisdev-en on behalf of Plum Hollow Software" <omnisdev-en-bounces at lists.omnis-dev.com on behalf of plum_hollow at cogeco.ca> wrote:
    >
    >    Hi List,
    >
    >    A client of mine has decided to purchase a new Mac Mini as a server - Mojave and wants me to install the ODB.  When I download the dmg from the Studio site and run the installer script, it places a folder in Applications named OmnisDataBridge 1.77.  I only see 3 files odb, unistall and update.ini.  In the odb.pdf it says to modify the config.xml but I don’t see one.  Anyone else run into this issue?
    >

    >    Thanks,
    >
    >    Randy Wilson
    >    Plum Hollow Software Inc.
    >    plum_hollow at cogeco.ca