Survey: How many underaged Omnis Developers are there?

Alex Clay aclay at mac.com
Mon May 31 21:13:39 UTC 2021

I turn 40 next month, but started with Omnis 20 years ago...

Suran has two full-time Omnis developers in their twenties, our software development manager has 6+ years Omnis experience and is in her mid-thirties, and we have two full-time interns this summer working in Omnis, both in their early twenties. We've also started cross-training our web and mobile developers on Omnis, so they've at least has some exposure. They are all under 35.

I'm not sure what that survey is pointing out beyond the fact that professional software development is still a relatively nascent career, or that it's not common as a mid-life second career. Or maybe the younger generation hangs out on Stack Overflow instead of on mailing lists (Sorry! That was flame bait, I know).

Regardless, having recently been classified a "geriatric millennial" I'll happily avoid being called "underaged". :)

Alex