Closing a browser window/tab by JS

Mike Matthews - Omnis omnis at lineal.co.uk
Tue May 11 06:55:53 UTC 2021

Hello All,

In our website, we open a new page and then set the URL to run Omnis and a Remote form.  All good.

This is not a new tab, but a pop out type, I’m no expert here with this jargon, so it might be a pop out Frame.

Can Omnis close either this window or a tab if that was it was running in?

Recenty is used the command ‘_self’ to send the current tab to a new URL:
Do $cinst.$showurl(lvHomePage,'_self’)

Can you even close a window/tab/pop out frame, some Googling suggests you can’t. So right now, I end up putting a message asking the user to close this window/tab/pop out frame.

Thanks

Mike Matthews

Lineal Software Solutions
Commercial House, The Strand<x-apple-data-detectors://1/1> Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1EU<x-apple-data-detectors://1/1>

omnis at lineal.co.uk<mailto:mike.matthews at lineal.co.uk>

www.lineal.co.uk<http://www.lineal.co.uk/>

www.sqlworks.co.uk<http://www.sqlworks.co/>