OT How to submit a search to Google?

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 21:24:21 UTC 2021

I know how to search on Google, the usual way.

But what I want to know is how to output a string from Omnis to oBrowser, that will tell oBrowser to go to Google and submit this search and present the results.

I want to add a button in my program that says Look that Up on Google.. lets say they just have some text hi lighted.. or on the clipboard, how do I give oBrowser a string that will successfully return a Google listing.. I imagine Google has an URL situation going where you can submit a search by code not through their webpage

I know how to pull up web pages in Omnis in oBrowser, so I’m wondering “What is that string if I put it out to the web in oBrowser, that includes my search text, that switches to Google and submits it and thus gets the results list..

I will search online to see if I can find this but I thought maybe one of you already does this and could turn me onto the structure of the string I would have to send out to oBrowser for this to work.

Thanks in advance,

Das