AWS

Alan Grinberg omnis at alangrinberg.com
Tue Mar 16 23:09:03 UTC 2021

We have been using AWS in production conditions for almost 2 years using PostgreSQL RDS instances.

We have “multi-tenant” instances on both the West coast and East coast of the US.
None of our clients have huge databases.

It is nearly impossible to figure out what things really cost until you do it!
We are a small company, so the various scaling options have been valuable, and it was very easy to get started.

We have had a few sessions with paid support and that has been excellent.
Have had no problems with billing.
Zero outages in 2 years.

Just FYI, we are installing local fat clients, and communicating with the database over the internet. The structure of the SQL calls and Omnis processing has been critical for good performance. We are still working on that, and it has been an interesting journey.

Best regards,
Alan

Alan Grinberg
AG Systems/ZOO-INK