Latest build v10.1 released (29237) problem dragging windows macOS

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Mar 2 16:04:35 UTC 2021

hi Phil:

depends what you are asking about.

if you are asking:

does setting ignoreTitleClicksInBackground: false in config.json curtail an issue with omnis not responding to clcks and dragging the windows..    yes, it seems to have been fine for me for a week when this is set false.

I set it to true this morning and restarted omnis — and had issues almost right away.   so the change in the parameter was noticeable.

if you are asking:

does the code below change the config.json for me:

yes it does.
— I cleared the parameter and then ran the code which created the parameters
— I changed the parameter from true to false and back to true, both times checking the config.json.

did it take effect right away?

that I’m not sure.  I had the parameter as true before starting omnis, then I used omnis to change it to false.
Omnis still behaved as if it were true.

so I quit omnis and started again and all was fine.

so, that makes me think omnis only loads parameters on startup, and not if you reset them under program control (so it becomes effective on next start).

I have a question into tech support about that, with an enhancement request that if it does not reset omnis after doing a $setConfigJson, that could it please do that

thats what I’ve found.   I’ve got it in place and I’ll know relatively soon as we migrate this version to people.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978