Tipi from Stene

Sten-Erik Björling s-e.bjorling at enviro.se
Tue Jun 29 14:14:57 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Sorry for the enclosed pictures…

I have looked into the performance optimisation for REST etc. and got some nice results…

I use the DVD Rental DB system running on Postgres and the REST call performs a 7-table join with aggregation of income from different types of movies for an artist.

Server: MacPro 2013, 12 cores (not many used…), 64 GB RAM.

Some notes:

- Resulting transactions: 177 transactions a second.

- Very low overhead by the Omnis environment in relation to the processing cost for Postgres.

- Processor load for Omnis: between 120 - 150%.

- Omnis load seems to be spread out amongst at least 4 processor cores.

I just wonder what will happen when Omnis server is running on a Mac Mini Pro M1 or a future Mac Pro M1 platform…

Take care, all the best…

Stene

_______

Sten-Erik Björling
Enviro Data
Kyrkogatan 5A 2 tr
SE-972 32  Luleå
Sweden

E-Mail: s-e.bjorling at enviro.se
Mobile: +46-70-655 11 72
Wire: @stenerikbjorling
Skype: stenerikbjorling
iChat: stene at icloud.com
FaceTime: stene at icloud.com
whereby.com: stenerikbjorling
Hotmail / Messenger: stenerikbjorling at hotmail.com
GMail: stenerikbjorling at gmail.com
______

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, distribution, or reproduction of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message including any attachments thereto. Thank you.

Please note that we take reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of viruses; however, we cannot guarantee that this email or its attachments are free from viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the opening of this message and/or attachments.