Importing 20 Million Records

Dan Ridinger dlr at futurechalk.com
Sat Jun 26 02:22:19 UTC 2021

Hello Das,

If you want to do it in Omnis code you could do it with AppleScript.  For example:

Begin text block

Text: tell application “Terminal" (Carriage return)

Text:delay 6 (Carriage return)

Text: 	do script “sqlite3" (Carriage return)

Text: 	do script ".open [database_name]" in window 1 (Carriage return)
Text: 	do script ".mode csv" in window 1 (Carriage return)
Text: 	do script ".import [import_file_name] members" in window 1 (Carriage return)
Text: 	do script "select count() from members;" in window 1 (Carriage return)
Text: 	end tell (Carriage return)
End text block

Get text block iScript

Do $root.$runapplescript(iScript,iErrCode,iErrText)

Quit method iErrCode

This will load the data from the csv into the SqLite database. It will probably take some tweaking to get it to work.

Dan