Importing 20 Million Records

Das Goravani goravanis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 16:38:07 UTC 2021

Dear Friends,

In OMnis I am familiar with importing, but never 20 million records.

If you have a huge file with 20 million records in it, how do you import that?

Omnis works with a list.. you import to a list.. Omnis can handle between 1 and 2 million rows.. from my experience

Do you cut up the file.. do you get some utility for that?

Because you can’t open such a file in any program like Word or Excel or Numbers or Pages

So you’d need some utility meant for cutting up large files

Or is there a way to tell Omnis to only import part, then next part, then next.. I’ve never seen that.

Thanks

Das Goravani