SMS from Omnis

Gary Giumarra ggiumarra at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 07:08:06 UTC 2021

I never could get Twilio to work for me despite numerous contacts with their technical support so I tried Plivo (plivo.com) which I got to work without any problems and it was substantially cheaper to boot. I never attempted to use either from Omnis, however: my SMS solution uses a simple PHP script to handle the inbound texts and server side Python - plpython3u - with Postgresql to parse/process and send outbound texts (the PHP script inserts a row for every inbound message into a table and a trigger function on that table takes it from there, so it would be easy enough presumably to either do an insert into that table from Omnis or just access the plpython3u function that handles the outbound texts directly).

Gary Giumarra

ggiumarra at yahoo.com