SMTP Send

Andy Hilton andyh at totallybrilliant.com
Fri Jun 11 18:11:05 UTC 2021

Das

For what its worth, I had switched to Frontier FiOS for the speed (formerly Verizon) but found that they had a routing issue (that they denied even though they supplied their own proof of its failure !) which affected my mail sending….

Interestingly this only occurred in their Florida region, in a router of theirs in Miami. When testing the call from their support hq in Texas, the routing took a different path and didn’t hit the same router and worked fine ! But they showed little enthusiasm in fixing it, so I fixed them and left…..

I switched to Spectrum and have no issues…..

Some watching in terminal of traceroute was what initially showed me what was wrong…..

Just in case it may help !!

Andy Hilton
Totally Brilliant Software Inc
Phone (US) : (863) 409 4870