Survey: How many underaged Omnis Developers are there?

Wayne Germann wgermann at PACIFIC.EDU
Tue Jun 1 15:00:47 UTC 2021

I started with Omnis in 1989.  I picked it because it was cross-platform and relatively easy to learn.

I think we should market the software to the high school computer classes and college computer science classes.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: omnisdev-en <omnisdev-en-bounces at lists.omnis-dev.com> On Behalf Of Mike Matthews - Omnis
Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 7:50 AM
To: OmnisDev List - English <omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com>
Subject: Re: Survey: How many underaged Omnis Developers are there?

And to the point Mats :)

In 1983, there were no other choices, but by 1988 there were.  And Omnis still won, as it was in the Apple catalogue of software solutions.  Hypercard, Helix and FileMaker were alive then as well, with only FileMaker surviving.  Still being touted as ’simple’ to use.  Now we all know that get slightly deeper into those products, and you get stuck quick.  But they got the drop on the sale however.

As to why Omnis does get traction is not easy to answer.  You would need a salesman to answer that, and that counts me right out.

Mike Matthews

Lineal Software Solutions
Commercial House, The Strand<x-apple-data-detectors://1/1> Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 1EU<x-apple-data-detectors://1/1>

omnis at lineal.co.uk<mailto:mike.matthews at lineal.co.uk>

www.lineal.co.uk<http://www.lineal.co.uk/>

www.sqlworks.co.uk<http://www.sqlworks.co/>