Build 30204 and $serverport in Desktop runtime.

Reg Paling reg.paling at lokanet.com
Tue Jun 1 11:55:54 UTC 2021

Hi all,

My users can click on a calendar entry in their web browser, and it
opens the patient record in their Omnis desktop app.  The browser link
looks like this:
http://127.0.0.1:5195/ultra?OmnisServer=127.0.0.1:5195&OmnisLibrary=Mx&OmnisClass=rtPatient&bkSeq=80379

The Omnis desktop app is listening on port 5195 and the remote task
rtPatient simply opens the Patient window.

Now I have upgraded a couple of users to build 30204 of the Studio 10
runtime, and they are reporting that this is not working any more - it
seems Omnis may not be listening...

Has anyone else noticed this, and hopefully worked out how to avoid it?

Thanks,
Reg