CA11851 Re: can i open a page in obrowser with an authentication header included ?

Bruno Del Sol bruno.delsol at bydesign.fr
Tue Jan 19 10:47:24 UTC 2021

Hi Phil,

Yes, my use case was to pass an authentication header to be able to access an app's page. This client has a large
desktop ERP Omnis app and some web based others apps. So it makes sense to pass the credentials of the desktop app along
when opening a web page that handle datas or features related to the user's current task.

Just as Ben, I used a token passed in the GET url as workaround to replace the missing authentication, but this only
worked because I was able to modify both ends apps. It wouldn't work for third party web apps. I understand Oauth2 might
be a solution also, but I was hoping for a lighter one...

Thanks and regards

By Design
http://www.bydesign.fr
Bruno Del Sol