CA11851 Re: can i open a page in obrowser with an authentication header included ?

Phil (OmnisList) phil at pgpotter.co.uk
Tue Jan 19 10:26:10 UTC 2021

Hi Bruno,

I've only had to manipulate headers when sending requests to a third
party server, i.e. Oauth2 requests.

But within O$10.2 using the Oauth2 object, its possible to overcome that
issue and talk directly with the servers using the HTTP commands.

Thus in my case I could read and write data to from the server without
user interactions, more of an import export of our data compared to
theirs... Google calendar being an example.

I haven't needed to use oBrowser for that, as the Oauth2 object opens
the default browser to get authorization.

I'm curious what the scenario is that you need oBrowser having headers?

Is it to do with post authorization, using a bearer token, you want to
open a web page with authorization to do something...

I could see that being useful.

regards
Phil Potter
Based in Chester in the UK.