Switching to Catalina

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Wed Feb 24 14:51:45 UTC 2021

hi Mike:

bruno as commented that 8.1 runs on Catalina, so I’ll take his word for it.   We’ve pretty much got everybody to 10.1 or later.

if the issue is that you can’t get omnis installed or it balking at running because of gatekeeper and lack of notarization, then, yes, I can provide the workaround for that.   run the spctl command below.  it re-enables the ‘allow to run from anywhere’ in ’security and privacy'

# turn on 'allow from anywhere' in control panel in high sierra and later
sudo spctl --master-disable

once an application has installed and run the first time, the operating system seems to like it and it does't bother you any more about that app.

or, in other words, if the app is already on the machine and they upgrade the operating system, it should still run without doing the above.

hope that is what you were asking or looking for.     —  its mostly , how to get an app on a machine without letting gatekeeper interfere.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978