Switching to Catalina

Mike Rowan michael.rowan3 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 04:26:07 UTC 2021

My user has asked whether he can upgrade his Mac from 10.2 to
Catalina, from Omnis's point of view.  I need to know if there is then any
way to run O$8.7.x.x

I have a fleeting memory of mention (by Doug?) of a system setting that can
allow that?  I also wonder what would happen if Omnis was installed outside
of the Applications folder (assuming that is still possible).

Anyone know?

Of course, I could follow the many helpful methods on this list and
notarise Omnis 10, provided the user's financier will approve...

Any advice much appreciated.