ShipStation Help

Kelly Burgess kellyb at montana.com
Wed Feb 24 02:48:38 UTC 2021

Hi Paul,

>>  Calculate authstring as bintobase64(chartoutf8(con(API_KEY,':',API_Secret)))
>
>When trying this I get an error ‘Attempt to assign binary to character'

Sorry, my bad, I thought bintobase64 returned a character value.  I had also missed the tooltip for that function, which says the argument can be character or binary, and I thought it had to be binary.  It says if you pass a character value, Studio will do the utf-8 conversion automatically before encoding.

So to rephrase it correctly -

 Calculate authstring as chartoutf8(bintobase64(con(API_KEY,':',API_Secret)))

I see you found an OXML function for base64, which does return a character value, so whatever works...

Kelly