Latest build v10.1 released (29237) problem dragging windows macOS

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Mon Feb 22 18:53:06 UTC 2021

hi Mike:

more of the mystery unravels.

Are you saying you also have an issue where you end up having a big blank omnis window on top?

and to further inquire about that, are the symptoms such that
1) you opened a single window which is a real window
2) then you do something in another application and come back to omnis
3) and when you do … there is a white (or black) ghost window with nothing on it where you last had a window in omnis
4) and the only way to get rid of that window is to open another one in omnis

if so, I can recreate this at will by:
1) opening a single instance certain type of window  from our library that is a modless entry window (all other omnis windows must be closed
2) clicking on any application to push the omnis window behind
3) clicking the ‘closebox’ in the omnis window, even though it the not the front window
4) the omnis window goes away
5) then when you click on the omnis icon, and omnis comes to the forefront, you have the ‘ghost’ of the original window, in original size with title bar
6) you cannot ever close this window — but it will go away if you open another window.

let me know.  I’d like to find out what the common cause is ..

if yours is similar to ours, I reported this with studio 8, 10 and 10.1 back in fall 2019, only OSX, and on high Sierra, maojave, catalina and big sur.

All of our staff can recreate it on their machines.

I cannot create it on a brand new VM in parallels or a machine with nothing else on it.

which leads me to believe that there is some application interaction or something else I’ve got installed on our machine (like default folder, daylite, rocket chat or a myriad of other apps.).

anyway, very interested in hearing how you’ve seen this.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978