v10.2 $getdrivers() method

Denis Woodbury denis at woodmic.net
Wed Feb 17 17:55:59 UTC 2021

Hi,

On macOS
Does anybody use the $getdrivers() method to get the ODBC drivers installed on the workstation ?

In version 8.1.x the was an ini folder in the xcomps containing the odbcdam.ini, the file contains 3 lines referring to the location of the following :
ODBCINI=/Library/ODBC/odbc.ini
ODBCSYSINI=/Library/ODBC/odbc.ini
ODBCINSTINI=/Library/ODBC/odbcinst.ini

>From documentation this seems to have been relocated in the macOS group of Studio's config.json file with the following line.
"odbcdam.ini": "ODBCINI=/Library/ODBC/odbc.ini",

Doing so I can retrieve the datasources with the $getdatasources() method which should mean I'm pointing in the right direction but not the installed drivers.

As usual, any help is always appreciated.

Thanks

denis woodbury