Printing existing pdf from O$ 8.3 Mac

Ben Weinberg ben at pca.com
Sat Aug 21 21:18:16 UTC 2021

Hi Listers:

I’m printing existing pdfs using the method:

Begin text block
Text: tell application "Preview" (Carriage return)
Text: activate (Carriage return)
Text: print (POSIX file "[lFilePath]") (Carriage return)
Text: close (POSIX file "[lFilePath]") (Carriage return)
Text: quit (Carriage return)
Text: end tell (Carriage return)
End text block
Get text block lScriptText
Do $runapplescript(lScriptText)

The file does print but is clipped because of margins being too big.  The pdf’s margins are not respected.

Manual method:
When I double-click on the pdf, it opens in Preview and prints with much smaller margins so it is not clipped.  The pdf’s margin settings are respected.

Is there a better way?

I have tried the AppleScript above but using PDFpen, which will print the pdf correctly, but then hang the Omnis method until I manually quit PDFpen.

Ben Weinberg