O$: Getting the page number that an object is on, inside a $sendall

Paul Mulroney pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au
Tue Aug 17 12:04:20 UTC 2021

Hi $All,

I've done this before, I'm sure of it!  But I'm having brain fade.

We validate our fields on a window by doing a $sendall, and then displaying the result to the user.

It looks something like this:

> 	Calculate isErr as ''
> 	Calculate isWarn as ''
> 	Do $cwind.$objs.$sendall($ref.$validate)
>
> 	If len(isErr)
> 		OK message Validate {[isErr]}
> 		Quit event handler (Discard event)
> 	Else If len(isWarn)
> 		Yes/No message Validate {[isWarn]Continue anyway?}
> 		If flag false
> 			Quit event handler (Discard event)
> 		End If
> 	End If

In this particular case, I have a paged pane, and I only want to validate fields on eg page 2.  I know that I can specify a condition in the $sendall, and I know that there's a $panenumber() method that will tell me which pane an object is on.

I think it should be something like this:

> Calculate pnCurrentPage as 1

> Do $cinst.$objs.PagedPane.$objs.$sendall($ref.$validate,$cinst.$objs.PagedPane.$panenumber($ref)=pnCurrentPage)

But this doesn't do anything.  Has anyone done anything like this before?

All help gratefully received.

Regards,
Paul.

Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft.  Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
—
Paul W. Mulroney                                            We Don't Do Simple Pty Ltd
pmulroney at logicaldevelopments.com.au       Trading as Logical Developments
www.logicaldevelopments.com.au                   ACN 161 009 374
Ph: +61 8 9458 3889                                       86 Coolgardie Street
                                                                         BENTLEY  WA  6102