authentication method 10 not supported

rab rabtab70 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 00:30:06 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect to Postgres 13 from Studio 10.1 and am getting
the following error: authentication method 10 not supported

>From poking about this may have something to do with scram-sha-256

I'm running in a VM, and am connecting from Studio 10.1 to postgres
running locally in the same VM.

In attempting to bypass the issue for immediate dev sake, I changed
pg_hba.conf from...

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD
local   all             all                                     scram-
sha-256

...to...

local   all             all                                     trust

...but that didn't help.

Has anyone encountered this? Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks a lot,
Rob Alexander