Omnis 10.1 headless on centos 8

Josh Luchies josh.luchies at royalhomes.com
Tue Apr 27 12:48:36 UTC 2021

Hey Louis,

We had some issues with SE Linux for our Django websites, this may help
with the issue you are facing as well.

So the one thing I had trouble with was SELinux not allowing access to
the error and requests logs in the deployment directories
(/var/www/<hostname>) to allow this, I used the command    semanage
fcontext -a -t https_log_t “/var/www/<hostname>
<http://pricer.royalhomes.com>(/.*)?” Then I did   restore con -Rv
/var/www/<hostname> <http://pricer.royalhomes.com> That seemed to allow
apache to start properly and I could access the website (as my test)
from the IP address.

So hopefully this either gets you on the right track for using SELinux.
For us, it was a permissions issue with the directories where the logs
(and code) were stored.

--
Josh Luchies
IT Administrator