O7- Automated testing tools?

Alex Clay aclay at mac.com
Mon Sep 23 14:44:57 EDT 2019

Hi Lawrence,

I suspect a tool that remote-controls the GUI would be the best fit. Check with Vik—he was looking at one at some point. I believe it was Zaptest <https://www.zaptest.com <https://www.zaptest.com/>>.

I've seen tools that pattern-match sections of the screen to identify controls, data output, etc. and script clicks, keyboard input, and reading output for assertions. I don't have personal experience with such a tool, but that would probably be your best bet in the absence of building a testing framework or hooks a framework could use.

Alex