OT: Experience with remote server

Andy Hilton andyh at totallybrilliant.com
Tue Nov 5 22:17:30 EST 2019

Mike

Does your client have very high speed internet access ?

Taking a local network based app and remoting the database *can* cause it to appear much much slower in operation as the data has to travel over a greater distance at a much slower speed than local network…..

Depending upon your inherent application design (i.e. are you simply reading entire tables of data when you only want a couple of fields) can dramatically negatively impact performance that you may not notice locally

Yes it will technically work - but the question is : will the client still be happy ?

Physically making it happen is the easy bit :)

Andy

Andy Hilton
Totally Brilliant Software Inc
Phone (US) : (863) 409 4870