Problems with images saved in MySQL using Studio 10.1

Michael Houlberg michael at houlbergdevelopment.com
Tue Nov 5 14:37:44 EST 2019

Listers:

My exact same library when run using Omnis Studio 8.1.6 works, but Omnis Studio 10.1 does not.

I have a table which contains a column defined in my Omnis schema class as Data type Picture.  In the SQL Browser, it appears in MySQL as MEDIUMBLOB.  I can paste an image in using the clipboard, or the Paste From File command.  In the older version of Omnis I can read it back just fine when selecting the row, in the newer version of Omnis the image column returns NULL.  I’m testing with relatively small images, about 60k to 160k.

I’ve tested that reading the field using SELECT/FETCH fails and can verify that the image actually still exists in the database even though I fetch NULL.  But I haven’t thoroughly tested if there is a problem writing using UPDATE.

Is this a bug in Studio 10?  I haven’t seen anyone else complain about it.

Thanks,
Michael Houlberg
Houlberg Development, LLC