testing

Kim Sumner tech at corporate-windows.com.au
Mon Jul 8 21:08:22 EDT 2019

Tim Berners Lee found a use for *his* NeXT box. Built the WWW with it. Gates
once (allegedly) said he wanted to destroy the internet because he couldn't
own it, and this colours his reminiscence. Bricking Netscape on Windows was
the NeXT best thing...

Regards

Kim Sumner
Corporate Windows Pty Ltd, AUSTRALIA
Web:    http://www.corporate-windows.com
WebPublisher Studio - Share your data with the World
http://www.webpublisherstudio.com

> From: "Sten-Erik Björling," <s-e.bjorling at enviro.se>
> Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 08:20:18 +0200
> To: OmnisDev List - English <omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com>
> Subject: Re: testing
>
> Personally I do not think the NeXT effort where a failure - it formed the
> foundation for OS X and also gave a good foundation for future efforts in
> Object Oriented programming and the copies derived from it like Java and
> Android OS etc. One can question how much of Microsofts current efforts and
> products are indirectly based on the results from the NeXT effort.

Take care,
> all the best...

Stene

________