Windows OS install language

Phil (OmnisList) phil at pgpotter.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 09:29:57 EDT 2019

Stefan,

For the default user language:

Switch sys(6)
     Case 'W','N'
         Register DLL ('kernel32.dll','GetUserDefaultUILanguage','I')
Returns ErrCode
         If not(ErrCode)
             Call DLL ('kernel32.dll','GetUserDefaultUILanguage')
Returns lnLanguage
             Register DLL
('kernel32.dll','GetUserDefaultUILanguage','I',kTrue) Returns ErrCode

             Register DLL
('kernel32.dll','GetUserPreferredUILanguages','AJNCN') Returns ErrCode
             If not(ErrCode)
                 Calculate lnSize as 100
                 Call DLL
('kernel32.dll','GetUserPreferredUILanguages',MUI_LANGUAGE_NAME,lnLanguage,lcResultlanguage,lnSize)
Returns ErrCode
                 Register DLL
('kernel32.dll','GetUserPreferredUILanguages','AJNCN',kTrue) Returns ErrCode
             End If
         End If
     Case 'M','X'
End Switch
Quit method lcResultlanguage     ;; en-GB

regards
Phil Potter
Based in Chester in the UK.