Multiple user accounts on windows with Omnis listening on a hard-coded port

Bastiaan Olij Bastiaan.Olij at instinctsystems.com.au
Thu Feb 28 16:43:02 EST 2019

Hey Reg,

Ran into that years ago too using Omnis remote tasks to allow some automation into the library, never found a solution and gave up on the idea.
Much may have changed since then but Rudolfs suggestion is on point in theory. If you can't bind on the port because it is in use, bind on the next one until you find a free one or run out of a range. What got me stuck was that you needed to restart Omnis before it would try to bind on the new port. But that was Studio 4 days so it may work today.

Kindest Regards,

Bastiaan Olij
Head of development - Instinct Systems: The JobBag People
Ground Floor, 48 Chandos Street
St Leonards NSW 2065
Australia

Phone +61 2 8115 8000