Window - Subwindows - $event

Michael Mantkowski michaelj at clientrax.com
Thu Feb 7 09:57:00 EST 2019

I want to take windows that are in my current application and open them in a Subwindow and still have them work.

All I am really doing is putting a pretty new wrapper around the window.  Consequently, I want to use the $event method that is in the window that I am wrapping.

However, I cannot seem to find a way to pass the events like evOk and evCancel down to the windows (which is now a subwindow) so that it can act on them the same way it does when it is opened on its own.

I realize this is backwards from what a subwindow is supposed to do.  But I want to do it anyway.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

My goal is to allow the customer to use either the new look or the old look without having to duplicate all the window classes.  I want to open a standard window frame that has a subwindow object and stick the window of choice into it and still have all the custom event handling of the original window operate correctly.

Michael Mantkowski
ClienTrax Software
1-614-875-2245