Studio 8.1.6 - page pane overtop existing objects

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Tue Nov 20 11:33:57 EST 2018

While it might seem complex,  moving into a paged pane is one of the right ways to do it.  hide and show of pane makes things really go away,     before, you were just putting something over top —  which doesn’t make them go away.

we frequently use a ‘scrollbox’ container and
- turn off the scroll boces
- use the same background as the parent
- adjust the resize to be left, left/right, posnclient or what have you

which makes it effectively invisible

and we just drag our individual fields into the scrollbox making it quick and easy.

you don’t haveto chnage any other code, but it make hiding and show easy.

you can even take the scrollbox and put it in a page pane, tab pane and use it  for all sorts of gui resizing tricks.

highlyrecommended.  it willsave you lots ofcode and lots of time.

mailto:doug at artsman.com
http://www.artsman.com
Phone (403) 650-1978