O$10: what is the rationale to skip O$9 ?

Grzegorz (Greg) Pasternak gpasternak at cogeco.ca
Thu Nov 1 13:40:59 EDT 2018

Well, when decision was made to move from O%6 to O%8 it was based on the idea of not having confusion with O7 (aka classic).
As far as I know, there was no O9 classic, so why 10 is all of the sudden better then 9?

Btw, I don't think there is such a thing as "lucky" number.  People do come up with all sorts of ideologically driven explanations but I am interested why rational people chose to follow the irrational "lucky number" philosophy.

I am just curious, that is all.

Greg