REST between aliens

omnisdevlist omnisdevlist at unimate-software.com
Wed Jun 27 05:38:49 EDT 2018

Hi,

maybe this can help you :

https://omnis.net/technotes/tnws0003.jsp

There are 2 lbs with basic things to download. The problem is the you have
to know what type of auth. needs the  "alien" you want to get info from .

From: "ADJob (mats at adjob.se)" <mats at adjob.se>
To: omnisdev-en at lists.omnis-dev.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 07:41:50 +0200
Subject: REST between aliens

Hi,

I have to send GET and POST to a foreign web application. This other web
application have a REST API so it should not be that hard.  I thought...
But using Omnis you have to deal with two aliens. Omnis Support does not
offer support for other aliens. And the other vendor does recognize Omnis
not even as an alien.

So dealing with these two aliens I have to figure out how to get REST
support using Omnis to connect the other REST alien.

I thought it was as simple as:

  HTTPGet (lv_HOST;lv_URI) Returns lv_SOCKET
  HTTPRead (lv_SOCKET;lv_BUFFER) Returns lv_COUNT
  HTTPClose (lv_SOCKET) Returns lv_STATUS

But I have to deal with extra stuff that the other alien wants in order to
authenticate:

  'ACCESS_TOKEN', 'your-access-token-here'
  'CLIENT_SECRET', 'your-client-secret-here'
  'CONTENT_TYPE', 'application/json'
  'ACCEPTS', 'application/json'
  'ENDPOINT', 'url-to-api’);

And I cannot get any help from anybody of those two aliens how to submit
those parameters within HTTPGet.

Anybody who can point me in a positive direction or have a clue how to make
any progress?

/Mats