Thresholds Moving from 6.1.3 to 8.1.5

Doug Easterbrook doug at artsman.com
Sat Jun 23 09:21:50 EDT 2018

hi mats.

interested in the postgres SSL issue you had —   we have seen nothing with any version of postgres so far with 8.1.5.   i you could explain, then I’ll make sure we don’t run into it.

we are seeing some random crashing — looks mostly like memory dereferencing, freeing of pointers before their time.     I’m told that a number of those are fixed in 8.1.6

We had a very strange issue with the xml document parser — mind you we were doing some intense stuff merging things into an xml document — turns out that there was a bug in the version xerces library that was part of 8.1.5,

note:   I would never expect anybody else to hit this issue as the rest of the xml parser code we use worked just fine, and Tech support pointed out a nice workaround.

- having some trouble on one infinite loop/deep hang in windows (in a very specific area) that does not manifest itself on OSX or in older versions of omnis on windows.

other than that, many positives.
- faster
- about same crashing on high sierrra compared to studio 5.2.3
- externals we use work better 9mostly because they are updated)
- like the fonts
- like the headed lists too
- ‘looks’ better

mailto:doug at artsman.com